In the United States alone, there are reported to be over 100 million people on diets, and they are spending over $20 billion on weight loss products and supplements in order to reach a certain number. Some of these dieters have been losing the same 20 pounds over and over again for 20 years. Losing weight is not about shedding pounds overnight, and then returning to the same eating habits. Weight loss is about creating a healthy lifestyle with safe weight loss, and by using natural supplements to enhance the system to release fat while learning the new lifestyle.
The diet supplement aisle at the supermarket can be overwhelming because the fad diet tricks are mixed in with the healthy diet supplements. Here is the list made according to the respected database results of the latest research on supplements. The following are the most effective natural supplements that alternative medicine recommends nowadays. The following list of seven proven weight loss supplements are rated Grade A and B in the and scientific evidence has proven that these supplements stimulate weight loss. All dieters do not have the same systems, so one may work better with one person and another work better for someone else. Here are my top seven recommendations for natural weight loss supplements.
1. Beta Glucan is a soluble fiber made from algae, mushrooms and yeasts. The fiber lowers cholesterol, which decreases the amount that must be digested and weight loss occurs. It also assists in controlling diabetes. Cholesterol clogs the arteries, so the lower the number, the better for general health.
2. Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA is a type of fat, which has been proven to be beneficial in breaking up fat so that it can be transported out of the body. CLA is found naturally in beef and dairy products, but taking supplements is easy and effective. CLA has been known for other health benefits, as well.
3. Chitosan is a fiber that is made from shrimp and other crustacean shells and has been used in holistic alternative medicine to lower cholesterol as well as reducing the absorption of fat into the body.
4. Hydroxycitrate, Hydroxycitric Acid or HCA is a salt derived from the rinds of two Southeast Asian plants – Brindall Berry and Garcinia Cambodia. In the US, they are combined and sold in both drug stores and natural food stores because they were originally used for joint pain and stomach problems. The names appear differently in diet supplements, typically Citrilite, Citrin and PhyrutriMax, and in brand name products like Max 3000 and Garcinia Trim-Pulse. The research on the combination shows that when used regularly, they increase fat metabolism, help control appetite and lower cholesterol.
5. Glucomannan comes from an Asian plant called Konjac. This plant contains fiber that has been found to be extremely successful in controlling blood sugar and diabetes, as well as fighting fat. Glucomannan also absorbs water in the colon, and this reduces carb absorption and lowers cholesterol.
6. Mango Seed Fiber is a traditional weight loss supplement that is gaining popularity each day. It is derived from the African Mango tree and typically can be used either alone or combined with other supplements.
7. Whey Protein is one of people’s favorites because it is healthy and beneficial to the body, whether losing weight or maintaining it. Whey protein is derived from the whey in milk and was previously used mainly by bodybuilders to build muscle mass. In the past 20 years, it has been rediscovered for its weight loss properties. This easily digestible form of protein has been found to suppress the appetite while adding 20 – 50 grams of protein, which assists in transforming fat into muscle, and muscle burns twice as many calories as fat even while at rest. A whey protein shake can be used to replace one or two meals a day to lose weight.
All of these supplements can be used alone or in combination with other supplements with no risk at all. They are supplements are not passing fads, and they have been proven over the test of time to be effective in weight loss and attaining a healthy lifestyle.
Sashka is a nature lover and a part time blogger. She loves to write about health, fitness, lifestyle, green living, fitness and health retreats. She is living a healthy lifestyle and her priority is regular exercise. This post was inspired by ideas and tips on how to lose weight and get into great shape.